9 WAYS TO START CLEAN EATING
I know you don’t like buzz words, but what is clean eating and is it really good for you?
This ‘diet’ pattern is all about eating whole, fresh foods.
Are you ready to ditch the processed foods?
Let’s see if it’s right for you….
- AVOID PACKAGED SNACK FOODS
- REPLACE PROCESSED GRAINS WITH VEGETABLES OR WHOLE GRAINS
- KEEP AWAY FROM REFINED, PROCESSED AND ADDED SUGAR
- EAT MORE VEGETABLES AND FRUITS (check out the dirty dozen and clean fifteen for which fruits and veg to eat organic)
- STEER CLEAR OF PROCESSED FOODS AND PRESERVATIVES
- READ LABELS AND EAT ONLY INGREDIENTS THAT YOU KNOW
- STOP CHOOSING REFINED CARBS
- LIMIT OR STOP ALCOHOL AND DRINK ENOUGH WATER
- CHOOSE GOOD FATS AND AVOID VEGETABLE AND SEED OILS
Let’s face it clean eating is quite instinctual when you think about it, the foods that are closest to the source are best, think things that look like they did when they were on the tree, bush, stem, plant etc.
Fresh, nutritious and made by nature, these foods will boost your immune system, your energy levels and give you that youthful glow and clear head that we all dream about.
Eating clean is a great way to avoid health issues and to have the lean slender body you desire.
I haven’t even got in to the damage that is being done to your gut and hormones by eating foods that highly processed or the ill health and long term health issues that are caused by foods high in sugar and refined carbs.
Let’s just say that if we go back to our roots and eat the foods that nature provides then our bodies, mind and planet will all be happier.