The 10 Commandments of weight loss.
I think we can all agree that losing weight is a big topic these days and everyone is beginning to see that losing weight is more than just counting calories and eating less.
Here are my top 10 ways that you can help your body to burn fat, feel good and be the size you want it to be.
- Ask your body what it wants to eat and don’t judge it as good or bad. If you believe a food will make you fat then good chance it will. Listen to what your body wants. You will find that it is not asking for Fast Food or the whole block of chocolate. You might even find that it doesn’t want anything to eat right now.
- Find ways to relax and de-stress and give meditation a go. Stress can have an impact on your body, your gut, your mind, your sleep and the list goes on. Meditation and relaxing lets your body do what it does best digest and create energy.
- Movement is the way to get going forward. Bodies need to move, exercise is one way that you can move your body. High Intensity Interval Training is amazing for weight loss. If you listen to your body you might find that it wants to dance, or swim or make love.
- Have Fun and boost your mood. Ask yourself this, “what if life was meant to be fun? What can I do or be today to have more fun and joy in every moment?” The more you have fun, the better you feel, the better you feel, the better your choices are for you. – less snacking and emotional eating too!
- Crowding out. When you eat more of the food that gives you nutrients and energy, you will have less room for the food that doesn’t. When your body gets the right amount of nutrition you will have less cravings and eat less. You crowd out the things that weigh you down.
- Get hydrated and stay hydrated. Water needs to be drunk consistently throughout the day, waiting until you are really thirsty puts extra pressure on your liver and other organs. Being hydrated means everything works better, including your metabolism.
- Get great quality restorative sleep. Studies have been done to show that getting to sleep by 10:00pm gives you the best rest. However if you can’t do that, then having a regular bedtime and wake time is a great way to get your body resting at it’s best.
- Your body needs touch. We have the sense of touch all over our body, not only so we can detect injury. We need touch for our health and nourishment. You can touch yourself all over with an oil rub or moisturise or you could get a massage or have your partner touch your body. Whichever way you choose your body will thank you for it.
- Asking Questions and Afformations. Healthy thoughts will help you achieve your health goals. Asking questions like “Why am I so healthy and happy?” or “What is it going to take for me to wear size 10 clothes again?” or anything in the positive sense of asking for what you want (not what you don’t want) or asking as if you already have it (afformations) will get your mind started on reaching your goals.
- Reduce inflammation in the gut and body. Help your liver and other organs do their jobs well by reducing the amount of inflammation in your body. You can do cleanses and detox’s to help, but reducing the toxic load in your life will help to. Things like synthetic fragrances, cleaning chemicals, garden chemicals, plastics, processed foods, processed sugar and alcohol can all increase the inflammation in your body and slowly swapping them out for healthier and more natural options will be better for you and your body.
There you have it 10 ways to a healthier, slimmer you. If you would like to know more about any of these, or you would like to get some support to achieve your health goals then send me a message or give me a call. I’m here to help.