This sweet potato and herb salad is a delicious and nutritious way to support women’s hormonal health. Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamins A and C, which can help regulate menstrual cycles, and the fresh herbs provide antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce PMS symptoms. Enjoy! I love eating this as a side to a nice piece of salmon or with a hard boiled egg on top.
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 green or red onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, combine the cubed sweet potatoes, olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat the sweet potatoes evenly.
- Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the chopped parsley, coriander, and onions.
- Add the roasted sweet potatoes to the bowl of herbs and toss to combine.
- If desired, sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over the top of the salad.
- Serve the sweet potato and herb salad immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To get the recipes straight to your inbox and be the first to see them, you can sign up to the email list here: H2HH Newsletter